Sunday, April 17, 2011

These Words which I command you!

  Hello and God bless you!  Welcome to a new blog.  Yes, another blog, just what we needed!  I assure you that I am the least of all bloggers yet I've felt a burden to share the word of God as it pertains to our lives in every way.  There are great websites and blogs that are similar to this one. What I often discover though when I read articles and blogs concerning how to apply the word of God to all our lives(often called worldview) is that often the word of God itself is missing!  Now, before I go ahead and do the very thing I'm critiquing, let me lay upon you the word of God. 
     "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
     And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates," Deuteronomy 6:4-9.
      These words were placed in bold so you know from whence I pulled the name of this blog.  As a former pastor and teacher, I've tried my best to study deeply from God's word yet that, in and of itself, that can be an idol that keeps me from doing the will of God.  What God is telling us here, through Moses, is that His word is preeminent.  It is central to our understanding of the world.  When the world tells me that a particular sin is good, not bad, I open up the lens of God's word and look to find the answer.  When a Muslim tells me that Christ did not die and is not God, I turn to my Bible and study it.  When a pagan tells me that CO2 is a pollutant, I turn to Genesis 1 and revel in God's perfect creation and then even more in His crowning achievement, humanity.  We were created to exhale CO2 and God said it was very good.  That settles it for me.
     I intend to write a post on Monday's, Thursdays and Saturday's.  Hopefully this post has peaked your interest.  I will touch on politics, the Church(especially), the family, religions of the world and anything else scripture speaks to as it is relevant to our lives.  I will seek to always use scripture in place of my word or others and I implore you to hold me accountable on this so it just doesn't turn into another biblical worldview blog with very little Bible or a blog as told through the Americanized evangelicalism which often times is based on our own peculiar  views of politics and church through the prism of the American dream.

God Bless you all,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment